The Tuolumne Me-Wuk Housing Authority (TMHA) provides exemplary services to the Tribe through its professional and efficient staff in a fair and equitable manner. The Housing Authority maintains good communication with all Tribal members and other entities to better serve the interests of the Tribe. We work to improve the quality of life for Tribal members on a daily basis through our commitment to achieving a higher standard of living.
The Tuolumne Me-Wuk Housing Authority is committed to providing a higher quality of safe and healthy living standards for all Community Council members, future members of the Tribe, and occupants on Tribally owned properties.
Your housing need is our job.
- HUD homes – The administration of rental and Mutual Help homes was taken over from the Indian Housing Authority of Central California by the Tribe in April 2004. Since that time, the Housing Authority has been taking care of housing emergencies, and providing repair, maintenance and modernization services to all HUD homes on the Rancheria.
- Repair and Maintenance – The Housing Authority provides general repair and maintenance services to assure all HUD and Tribal members’ homes on the Rancheria are healthy and safe.
- A trained and efficient maintenance staff is available to handle emergencies and take care of minor and major repairs, upgrades and some modernization of Rancheria homes.
- Insurance Services
- Information and assistance with applications for home and household content insurance.
- Deductible payments –To encourage Community Council members to purchase insurance, the Housing Authority offers to pay the deductible so members can lower their premiums by getting coverage with a higher deductible.
- Elder Home Replacement Program – This program provides replacement homes for Elders, as well as budget permitting to improve their quality of life in their later years.
- Indian Home Loan Program – The Housing Authority acts as the liaison for the Tribe with HUD, the Bureau of Indian Affairs and lenders to acquire loans for new homes on Tribal lands. In the past, Tribal members were unable to obtain loans on land held in trust for Native people because lenders could not claim the land, and therefore had no collateral. Now HUD guarantees loans for homes on trust lands.
*Note: the Tuolumne Me-Wuk Housing Authority was formerly known as the Tuolumne Me-Wuk Housing Department. The name and responsibility conversion was approved by the Tuolumne Me-Wuk Tribal Community Council on August 10, 2006.
Board of Commissioners
- Lori Severson
- Sal Diaz
- Darla Merlin
- Jesse Madden
- Ted Mantzouranis, Jr.
- Mike Cox
- Carissa Foster
- Housing Director: Matt Brocchini
- Finance Assistant: Filaine Gerbing
- Housing Coordinator: Carissa Foster
- Maintenance Workers: Albert Carrabello, Mike Cimolino, Ricky Stice, and Jeffery Steele