To promote the financial viability and security of the Tuolumne Band of Me-Wuk Indians and its members, and support good financial decision-making by the Tribe by providing for the following:
- Accurate, timely and reliable financial reporting of all financial transactions
- Protection and maximization of Tribal assets
Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, the Fiscal Department supports Tribal objectives and incorporates procedures in order to become more effective and efficient. The department works continuously to set and accomplish goals in budgeting, audit, cash management and investments, grants management, interdepartmental support, accounting transactional support and policy/procedure development.
Fiscal Administration is responsible for the coordination and management of all fiscal matters of the TMTC and the Tuolumne Me-Wuk Housing Authority. Responsibilities include the following:
- Managing Tribal budgets
- Handling audits of Tribal funds
- Tracking purchases
- Setting up policies for departments
- Tracking Tribal travel
- Handling receivables, payables, and payroll and grants management
- Providing financial reporting and analysis to the Business & Finance Committee, the Community Council, Housing Authority, and Tribal management as necessary.