The Human Resources Department is dedicated to providing a workplace environment that fosters equality, fairness, stability, training, safety and professional growth to promote the economic and social well-being of individuals and community. The department is also committed to protecting the privacy of its employees.
Human Resources is responsible for:
- Administering all HR functions and programs for the employees of the Tuolumne Me-Wuk Tribal Community Council, the Tuolumne Economic Development Authority and the Tuolumne Me-Wuk Indian Health Center.
- Recruitment, classification, benefits administration, wage compensation, grievances and appeals, training, worker’s comp, 401(k) program, EAP and record maintenance and retention.
- Background investigations and random drug testing.
- Developing and revising policies and procedures through the Personnel Committee appointed by the Community Council.
- Advising and assisting employees and management in a variety of personnel matters, including the interpretation and application of personnel policies and procedures, position planning, recruitment, employee evaluations, and interview and selection methods.
- Offering assistance to all applicants and Tribal members who apply for jobs by working one-on-one with them to explain the recruitment and selection process, as well as position qualifications.
- Providing up-to-date training to our employees to enhance their skills and promote professional growth and development.