The Education Department’s mission is to create a positive learning environment that promotes educational and social development, healthy living and cultural awareness in order to sustain self-sufficiency and a productive community.
Education Department Components
At the Tribal Education Department, we provide many services to both the Tribe Members, and Tribal Entities in accordance to the mission statement of the Education Department. Some of the many services we provide are as follows:
- Early Childhood Education services, (This program is continuing through the approval process, more information will be posted as it becomes available.)
- Pre-K through 6th grade Tutoring, and monitoring of the learner’s progress Summer Kindergarten preparation programs, summer educational field trips, and more.
- Jr. High Through High Schooltutoring, and progress monitoring, independent studies assistance, Summer Youth employment opportunities.
- Adult learner programs including GED preparation courses, life skills course, college course resources including tutoring, and more.
- Education Department learner management system. Here you will be connected to the learner management system offering personal, professional, and academic growth opportunities. As the system is built you will have many opportunities to learn different subjects, and to gain valuable insight, and new perspectives from each other and from our staff and faculty.
- Library resources to include reference material, checkable books, reading skills assistance, reading time for young learners, book clubs, and more.
- Language Program offers opportunities to learn the Me Wuk Language, culture, and history.
- Events Click here to see calendar of events by age group (coming soon)
Forms and Applications
- Extracurricular enrolled member application (PDF)
- Scholarship application (PDF)
- College and fee based education policy and application (coming soon)
- GED enrollment form (coming soon)
- Continuing education policy and application (coming soon)
Education Hours of Operation:
- Adult education: Monday through Friday 9 am – 6 pm
- Pre-K -12th grade: Monday through Friday 8 am – 4:30 pm
- Cultural education: Monday Through Friday 9 pm – 6 pm
- Library: Monday Through Friday 8 am – 4:30 pm
- GED/Adult room (209) 928-5324
- Administration/Library (209) 928-5355
- P-K – 6th (209) 928-5332
- Jr. High/High school room (209) 928-5328
- Language center (209) 928-5329
- Manager (209) 928-5333