To provide professional and courteous support to all employees of the Tuolumne Band of Me-Wuk Indians, while working diligently in the design, development, and administration of the Tribal Benefits Plan for the purpose of instilling regulatory integrity and maintaining a quality, cost-effective benefits program aligned with the needs of all entities.
Benefits Department Goals
- Create a workplace culture of improving our employees’ health and safety, which enhances opportunities to reduce operational expenses and improve overall business effectiveness.
- Monitor the expense of providing valued-based, cost-effective medical benefit plans.
- Provide service and assistance to all employees and their families.
- Provide ongoing benefits based on legal requirements and eligibility.
- Collaborate with employees to assure that selected benefits programs and services are responsive to their needs.
- Explore the financial structures that will maximize affordable coverage.
- Represent employees and dependents in their efforts to resolve benefit problems with providers.
- Provide health and fitness programs and activities that improve employee health and promote well-being.
- Provide a sound fiscal and contract management of benefits programs.
- Emphasize primary and preventive care, linked with community prevention services.
- Reduce the growth of health care costs while promoting high-value, effective care.
- Improve health care and population health through meaningful use of health information technology.
- Jolene Turrentine, Benefits Specialist (A – K): 209.928.9562
- Carla Gonzalez, Benefits Specialist (L – Z): 209.928.9567
- Kelley Reich, Benefits Specialist (Community Council Members): 209.928.9563
- Chastity Bailey, Benefits Analyst: 209.928.9565
- Darla Merlin, Benefits Manager: 209.928.9568
- Arlene Ortiz, Benefits Director: 209.928.9560