Benefits Department Mission Statement
To provide professional and courteous support to all employees of the Tuolumne Band of Me-Wuk Indians, while working diligently in the design, development, and administration of the Tribal Benefits Plan for the purpose of instilling regulatory integrity and maintaining a quality, cost-effective benefits program aligned with the needs of all entities.
The goals of the Benefits Department:
- Create a workplace culture of improving our employees’ health and safety, which enhances opportunities to reduce operational expenses and improve overall business effectiveness.
- Monitor the expense of providing valued based, cost effective medical benefit plans.
- Provide service and assistance to all employees and their families.
- Benefits Department will provide ongoing benefits based on legal requirements and eligibility.
- Collaborate with employees to assure that selected benefits programs and services are responsive to their needs.
- Explore the financial structures that will maximize affordable coverage.
- Represent employee, and dependents in their efforts to resolve benefit problems with providers.
- Provide health and fitness programs and activities that improve employee health and promote well-being.
- Provide a sound fiscal and contract management of benefits programs.
- Emphasize primary and preventive care, linked with community prevention services.
- Reduce the growth of health care costs while promoting high-value, effective care.
- Improve health care and population heath through meaningful use of health information technology.
Benefits Department Contacts:
Paula Gaiser – Benefits Specialist A-K (209) 928-9562 Kelley Reich – Benefits Specialist L-Z (209) 928-9563 Darla Merlin – Benefits Manager 209-928-9568 Arlene Ortiz – Benefits Director 209-928-9560 Chris McCoy – Benefits Analyst 209-928-9565 Janell Bunch – Tribal Benefits Specialist 209-928-9567