The Internal Audit Department serves the Tuolumne Me-Wuk Tribal Council, Tribal members and management by performing an independent, objective and systematic review and evaluation of the Tribe’s various business operations.
It helps the Tribe accomplish its goals and objectives by analyzing, recommending and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes. In doing so it also helps provide assurance that existing internal controls are adequate to mitigate risk so the Tribe’s goals and objectives can be met. Internal Audit serves the following business entities:
- Tuolumne Me-Wuk Tribal Council (TMTC)
- Tuolumne Economic Development Authority (TEDA)
- Tuolumne Me-Wuk Gaming Agency (TGA)
- Tuolumne Me-Wuk Housing Authority (TMHA)
- Tuolumne Me-Wuk Indian Health Center (TMWIHC)
- Tuolumne Benefits Administration Department (TBAD)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
The department’s Internal Auditor reports directly to the Executive Director, maintains an informed, balanced and neutral attitude, and conducts the department’s work with diligence and confidentiality.